Pages

DIRECTORY NO LONGER UPDATED. NO EMAILS.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Mother and Autistic Son in Need

Ken Reibel has covered this story on Huffington Post.

Please take the time to go to this mother's blog and read her heartbreaking story regarding her son. I'm including some of her son's story below:

"On the morning of May 24, 2010, I arose at approximately 6:30 am to wake my son for school.  I discovered that my son was not in his room.  I did not immediately worry because I know that he loves to go for walks.  A few hours later at approximately 10:30 I called the police station when he had not returned.  I was told that he was in custody and was currently being questioned but I was not told why. I immediately told them that my son was Autistic. Although I told them this, they still refused to offer me any information.   I told them the to ensure he got his phone call.  Once he called me, I could barely hear him because his speech was very low.  The only thing I could make out was that he was attacked by the police and he didn’t mean for any of this to happen.  I still had no idea what he was talking about."

1 comment:

Floortime Lite Mama said...

OMG I am horrified
Hopefully the mother lawyers up ssoon and they can get Neli out

Followers

Button!

Autism Blogs Directory

Related Sites

General Science-Related Blogs