Pages

DIRECTORY NO LONGER UPDATED. NO EMAILS.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Conversations About Controversy Without Anger

There is in the online autism community huge chasms, overwhelming divides, and bucketloads of vitriol. Yup, there's no doubt about that.

But...there's also some really awesome conversations that are compassionate, calm, and hopeful. One of those conversations is occurring over at Little Bit Quirky, and I hope you'll give it a read. If I could hug all these parents, I would. I'm ending my online day with this shout out to that blog and that conversation, so happy to have been one voice there today. Why not go over and offer your thoughts?

3 comments:

Cheryl D. said...

Wow! Thanks for the shout-out! I'm lovin' all the wonderful comments people are leaving on that topic! Everyone is expressing their thoughts honestly and respectfully! I love it!

Kim Wombles said...

My pleasure. :-) It was really wonderful to pop back over to the blog last night and see such wonderful comments!

m said...

this needs to be an ongoing topic, sort of a meta-topic. how do we address the thorny issues without all of the juvenile us verus them mentality? dividing into camps, different viewpoints: that makes sense, that happens, but the tone is so angry, vitriolic with a lot of the issues, it just pushes a lot of people away. it keeps a larger number of people from engaging on the issues. anyway, looking forward to reading the Quirky post, sounds wonderful.

Followers

Button!

Autism Blogs Directory

Related Sites

General Science-Related Blogs