Pages

DIRECTORY NO LONGER UPDATED. NO EMAILS.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Another community builder-sharing

  About a year and a half ago a blog called Kicking Kittens was launched. It was born out of a conversation between both Kim and myself.(The name is from the idea that whenever I spoke positively or humorously about my children and disability-some people acted as though I were indeed "kicking kittens") It was one of our first steps towards  community building.  There just seemed to be so much fighting on the internet, that we wanted to create a positive place for people to go to.  A place to share positive stories, ideas and experiences. We also wanted to give people who didn't want the responsibility of a blog a chance to tell their stories. I contacted various forums and groups and individuals.  Some people ignored it, some people said it wasn't "pretty enough" and many participated. It isn't a fancy blog, nor is it stylish. The idea is that people's voices make it beautiful-without needing any embellishment.

  There are so many wonderful blogs in our community here-and there isn't enough time in the day to read them all..although we do try. So I am asking anyone who is interested to come on over and participate-or just read.  What better way to start your day than with a positive story.

Today we have a funny piece from Papa Bear who blogs over here. I encourage you to go on over and check it out.  Thanks..I hope you all have a lovely rest of the week.

No comments:

Followers

Button!

Autism Blogs Directory

Related Sites

General Science-Related Blogs